Friday, June 25, 2010

Week 32


The past couple of weeks have been interesting. It seems my nesting instinct has kicked into high gear. That coupled with my impending move and the ticking baby clock have been keeping me from sleeping much. I now have a very frequent urge to get DO. I have old clothes (skinny clothes) to pack for storage, hopeful clothes to go with me, bathroom luxuries I can live without (goodbye for now, cellulite cream) for storage, kitchen gadgets to slowly siphon into boxes, and books books books. Not to mention all of the other logistical things that I have still to handle. Picking a pediatrician and having him sign some paper saying that he’ll be the one examining the baby after delivery, pre-registration for the hospital, helping Cesar figure out his benefits package at Red Bull, signing up for birthing preparation classes, planning maternity leave, doctor appointments, and packing my hospital bag. It’s no wonder women are the one’s burdened with child birth; a man couldn’t get all of that done (especially while growing a baby from scratch and looking damn good while doing it). Unfortunately it means I’ve become all business. Every dinner with Cesar has become a meeting to discuss strategy and upcoming dates and plans. My old, fun, not-pregnant me is left wondering what the heck I used to talk about before this bossy bitch moved in.
I am looking forward to being settled and meeting our little guy. Not a big fan of the last few hours before I meet him but I am still confident that modern medicine will come up with a way to beam him out within the next 2 months. I have dreams about it (did you know frequent dreaming in one night is a sign that you aren’t fully rested?). Usually it is pretty normal and I can imagine the pain but its dull and nothing like I’ve heard anyone describe (“like shitting a giant watermelon that is on fire”).
Cesar is working 2 jobs right now which makes the dream of being settled somewhere seem much closer than it used to. He works Monday – Friday at Red Bull (yay!) and Saturday – Sunday for Dreyers. Not sure how long he(we)’ll be able to handle that but the extra cash will be very nice. We can pay off some debt, save up some money and get our own place (queue angelic singing). Having a Mexican mom around to cook for me doesn’t sound too bad either. The idea of having things paid off and being debt free is beautiful. My credit card will be easy, and my car might take a little time but at this rate I can pay it off 10 months early!
Doc says my skin looks great and I probably won’t get any stretch marks! Can you believe it!!!! don’t hate me, I’m sure I’ll suffer  in some other way (hmm acne scarring?) but I was thrilled when I heard that. My weight gain leveled off at my last appointment which is good news too. I’m trying, I swear. Who am I to fight with nature when it’s hot outside and she reminds me that I have ice cream in the freezer (thank you Dreyers)? So for now, I am resigned to eating well (ice cream aside) and doing extra laps at work so get off my butt and avoid varicose veins!
Right now I’d really like a giant burrito from Miguel’s Jr.

1 comment: