Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week 31

current weight - 167...I think. Dr's scale says way more but I'm fairy certain that my bathroom scale is more accurate.

Saw Dr. Yeo last week, first appointment that Cesar couldn't make it to (he was working). Sucks for him because we got an ultrasound! Saw the ever-growing little guy for the first time in about 10 weeks. He is in the right position and I could see and feel him kicking me simultaneously which was really exciting.  The print out of his face that we got shows the outline of his skull and eye sockets and his little arm. Cesar is pretty concerned that his head looks too big. His mom, my parents and I have all been hard at work convincing him that it looks normal and to remind him that you can't see his skin or fat in the ultrasound. I think he's almost got it through his head.
Baby shower was this weekend and could not have been better! I got a cute new outfit and some fancy new shoes for the event. I made up my own cocktail, a blueberry martini. yum yum...from what I heard. So many people showed up, I wasn't expecting that. I still can't believe how generous my friends are. I get so hung up on how alone I've been feeling that I had written them off and they still showed me so much love. Opening all of the gifts got me really excited to meet (and dress) our guy. Even Cesar got excited when I went through and showed him all the neat things we got. Tons of shoes, little outfits, bottle warmer, even the cloth diapers from etsy got a rise out of him "that's bad!" (Cesar verbage for "that's so cool!") His mom couldn't stop cooing over the little sandals. I think Bentley (the dog) got a little jealous that the gifts weren't for him, as was clearly displayed by his theft of multiple diapers and rubber ducks.

So Cesar officially starts working at Red Bull on Monday! More money, full time, and benefits! (insert joyous skipping and dancing) This is great news for more reasons than the obvious cash perk, it means we'll be able to get our own place sooner! We'll still stay at his parent's house for a few months, pay off some debt and get comfortable with our new rolls...hopefully.

I've been seeing a lot more activity from baby. He had the hiccups for the first time last night, at least I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Normally I'll feel some bumps and punches sporadically, but last night was rhythmic bumping in the area where his torso is. It lasted approximately 3 minutes, I tried to catch it on video but it didn't show much. Better luck next time, Baby. He is starting to give me some pains though; lower back, upper back, ribs, trouble sleeping, heart burn. I have a ominous feeling about the remaining TWO MONTHS. I already don't feel like I can do all the things I used to do. Packing and moving are going to be very tricky.

We're signed up for a birthing class starting July 1st. I'm excited. I wish I hadn't had to try and convince him to take the class with me but ultimately he agreed to take the class with me. I think he is starting to realize that I'm always right. It's about damn time!

I'm growing out of my clothes faster and faster. I solicited the help of Jenn to keep me lookin good as my "stylist" I don't think she realizes what she has signed up for.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Abby! I think you are amazing and doing a great job. I'm anyone in your situation would be stressed, worried, and freaking out. You are being incredibly strong and determined and this baby is lucky to have you as a mom! Keep growing that little kiddo and keep us updated.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete