Monday, August 23, 2010

Day Before Induction

So I lied, I'm posting one more blog since tonight is a big night. Tomorrow is my scheduled induction. There are so many things I'm feeling right now. I have gotten so used to being pregnant that I am having a hard time imagining what it'll be like to not have this little kicker bumping around all the time. I'm terrified of the entire hospital process too. I've never been a patient in the hospital, I've actually never even been inside of a hospital room at all. That scares me more than it should compared to everything else that begins tomorrow.
I spent the day putting together baby stuff. Topping off the diaper bag, hospital bag, making a final dinner, assembling a swing and play pen/changing table, and a bassinet. Car seat remains to be installed...its been too hot to go outside and try to hunch and twist to get it set up. I blame Cesar for its homeless status (and you can too).
I am actually starting to feel like my body is preparing for labor finally. I've been experiencing some of the less than pleasant signs. Among them is a lack of movement from our little dude. He has definitely slowed down but has not ceased head banging against my cervix. I've also increased bathroom trips from 1 or 2 a night to a definite 3. At least I'm used to not sleeping through the night already. Nervous nervous nervous.

Here's hoping the next couple of days (and years to follow) go well.

1 comment:

  1. You kicked butt. I am so proud of you and I love him to pieces.

    ReplyDelete