Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 36ish seriously, can anyone keep track?


Current weight – 173 lbs yeehaw

While I’ve become more and more used to being pregnant I have neglected to adequately psych myself up for labor and delivery, not to mention parenthood. Although, now that I think about it I haven’t even really felt pregnant until the past week or so. It’s harder to roll over or sit up, getting in and out of my car isn’t as easy as it used to be either and forget bending over (I’m a grade a dipper). I’m terrified of labor. At first I didn’t think I would be one of those women who freak out when they go into labor but the closer I get the more I see myself denying the situation and then panicking. Regardless of what I do, I am fairly certain that I will over react. I anticipate tears and displacement in large quantities.
If I were to post my Facebook status for the next few weeks it would read “Abby is feeling a bit like December 7, 1941” I feel SO unprepared. Things at the house aren’t ready at all, paperwork still needs to be taken to the hospital, I need to finish with work (2 more weeks!!!), diaper service needs to be set up, I need to get all the diaper covers organized. Its too much for one human incubator to handle. Men just don’t get it. Cesar is out trying to capitalize on the last remaining days of his youth (never mind that I didn’t get the opportunity, bastards) while I stress over the impending responsibilities. It’s a good thing we’re the smarter sex because a man couldn’t handle all of this. I dare you to tell me I’m wrong.
Baby is doing well. Head is down, heart rate is good, I’m healthy, we’re both doing great. I’m not dilated at all yet and they checked for “harmful bacteria”.  He still moves around a lot and it’s a lot more uncomfortable now. Sometimes he knocks the wind out of me, which I will keep filed away for a day when he thinks I never did anything for him. Hmm…Jewish guilt must be inherited.
Two more weeks of work, two more weeks of work, two more weeks of work! I’ve already mentally checked out. It doesn’t help that I have about 5% of the work I used to have and I’m tired every day because I can’t sleep at night. I’m looking forward to “dropping” so I can breathe more easily. I’m up to weekly appointments now, which will help me get through my last two work weeks (they tend to take a couple hours J )
I want a beer.

2 comments:

  1. i shall have a beer in your honor my love. so excited to meet the lil man before i depart. love you! - heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am terrified you're going to go into labor while I am gone. But as long as you don't do that- we'll be good. Because whatever you forget, I'll take care of. Except the pushing from the womb bit. You have to do that part. I will, however, bring beer.

    ReplyDelete